DR KERR VASCULAR NEUROLOGY
Stroke and Vascular Neurology in Northern Ireland
Putting Patients First
Dr Kerr is a Consultant Specialist in Stroke Medicine, based at the Royal Victoria Hospital Belfast and the Ulster Independent Clinic.
Dr Kerr works as a lead consultant in Northern Ireland's tertiary referral stroke centre, within the regional neuroscience centre. He is a specialist in the diagnosis and management of all aspects of stroke and vascular neurology.
- Adults with acute and/or recurrent attacks of neurological symptoms such as.....
* weakness/ numbness/ tingling of face, arm or leg
* speech disturbance
* visual disturbance
* unsteadiness/ loss of balance
* confusion/ memory loss
* dizziness/ vertigo
- suspected Transient Ischaemic Attack
- management of stroke related problems, eg cognitive, mood, movement, pain, spasticity issues
- management of arterial/ vascular abnormalities of the brain
- 'Fits, faints, falls, and funny turns'
STROKE IS AN EMERGENCY
If you suspect you are having a STROKE
Act FAST and call 999
If you suspect you have had a TIA recently contact your GP immediately and get referred urgently to your local TIA clinic
OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST
Dr Kerr's other areas of specialist interest include-
- Memory problems / suspected dementia
- 'Functional Neurological Disorder' or suspected 'psychosomatic' neurological symptoms
- Tremor and movement disorders in people over 50 years old
Dr Kerr is also a trained Consultant Geriatrician and lecturer in Elderly Care Medicine at Queen's University Belfast, with expertise in 'Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment' of people over 60 years with problems such as-
- Functional decline / mobility problems
- Cognitive decline
- Falls and bone disease
- Advance care planning for end of life
- Ethical dilemmas
- Complex medication issues
Schedule an appointment through The Ulster Independent Clinic and let us take care of you.
The Ulster Independent Clinic Ltd, Stranmillis Rd, Belfast BT9 5JH, UK
OPENING HOURS to book an appointment
08.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday